AGU EC Meeting in Doha (QAT) on 16 January 2016
Doha (QAT), AGU Office: January 18, 2016: AGU organized the AGU EC Meeting on 16 January 2016 in AGU headquarter in Doha (QAT). The AGU President Mr. Abdulrahman AL-SHATHRI start the meeting with a welcome message to all to the Executive Committee present in AGU headquarter and wish for them a happy New Year, may this New Year all their dreams turn on reality and all your efforts into great achievements.
Then the meeting start with the following points:
1- After the Approval of the Agenda
2- Approval of the minutes of the last Executive Committee Meeting held in Manila – Philippines on April 18, 2015.
3- Presentation of the Report from the President Mr. A-Rahman Al-Shathri
The year 2016 is an imported year for the future of gymnastics:
a- We are fortunate to have a number of talented gymnasts in Asia to defend their tittles during next Olympic Games RIO 2016. The Asian continent takes always the leadership of the world gymnastics and I hope to have a big success for the different disciplines
b- Turning point for the FIG at the statutory level, since the 81st FIG Congress will be held in Japan during October 2016 gives the opportunity to FIG to renew its authorities. AGU has to have a big power in this congress to win different positions which help to follow up our achievement with the success that we wanted. The next period will be more challenging because we have to show the improvement of our solidarity.
c- Thanks to the federations who support AGU last year by hosting the following events:
- 7th RG Asian Championships – Jecheon-Si in KOREA during 10-13 June 2015
- 28th SEA Games held in Singapore from June 5 – 16, 2015.
- The 2015 Summer Universiade took place in Gwangju, South Korea from July 3 to July 14, 2015
- 6th ART Asian Championships in Hiroshima - Japan during July 31 to August 02, 2015
- 9th ACRO Asian Championships in Hangzhou – CHINA during September 17 – 19, 2015
- 5th AEROBIC GYMNASTICS ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS in Hochiminh City, Vietnam during 11th – 13th December 2015
Also thanks for the federations who host AGU development projects:
o Training Camp for MAG coaches in JORDAN during 08-14/08/2015
o Training Camp for TRA coaches in UZBEKISTAN during 08-14/08/2015
o Training Camp for GfA coaches (FIG Foundation course) in NEPAL during 23-27/08/2015
o FIG Academy Level 2 for AER coaches in PHILIPPINES during 06-13/09/2015
o FIG Academy Level 2 for RG coaches in PHILIPPINES during 20-27/09/2015
o FIG Academy Level 2 for MAG & WAG coaches in Qatar during 11-18/11/2015
o Training Camp for WAG coaches in QATAR during 06-10/12/2015
4- Presentation of the Report from the President of the East Asian Zone - Dr. LUO Chaoyi
5- Presentation of the Report from the South East Asian Zone - Jiradej Worapainkul
- The EC approve unanimously the following: According to the official resignation of Mr. Jiradej Worapainkul, we ask the SEAGZONE Federations to nominate a candidate to the Vice-President who will be automatically President of the SEAGZONE. The vote will done during next AGU Congress that will held on 27 September 2016 in Korea.
- The SEAGZONE will have a General Assembly to decide about the board members and update the statutes that must follow the AGU Statutes according to the Article 56: Approval of Statutes of Zones.
6- Presentation of the Report from the President of the Central Asian Zone by Mr. Ruslan Mustaev
7- Presentation of the Report from the President of the West Asian Zone by Mr. Abdullah Albuloushi
8- Presentation of the Report from the President of the GfA-TC by Mr. Tatsuo ARAKI
9- Presentation of the Report from the President of MAG-TC by Mr. MIAO Zhongyi
10- Presentation of the Report from the President of WAG-TC by Mrs. Rima ZAINAL
11- Presentation of the Report from the President of RG-TC by Mrs. Gyozal FILIPPOVA
12- Presentation of the Report from the President of TRA-TC by Mr. LIU Xing
13- Presentation of the Report from the President of AER-TC by Mrs. TAMMY Yagi-Kitagawa
14- Presentation of the Report from the President of ACRO-TC by Mrs. Aigul BIYEKENOVA
15- The EC approved unanimously to keep KGZ in the Central South Asian Zone for the following reasons: this issue was approved during last congress in Doha 2014 when the General Assembly approved the change for the following reasons:
A. According to the distribution of the Asian countries in the OCA website, we can find Kyrgyzstan in the Central of Asia (please see the following link: http://www.ocasia.org/NOCs/Index.aspx
B. The idea was to have a balance of the number of countries in the different zones (please see in annex the distribution of the countries).
16- AGU present the AGU Events for the years 2016 to 2018
17- AGU Present a new partner which is PASTORELLI Sport (specialist in RG equipment)
18- Mr. Al-Shathri thanks to Korean Gymnastics Association to host the next AGU Congress in Incheon 2016. This congress will give us the opportunity to meet and support our candidates to next FIG Congress that will be held in Japan.
- 18 Jan 2016
- Hits: 1477