20th AGU CONGRESS 2018
DOHA (QAT) AGU Office, December 21, 2018: The Asian Gymnastics Union (AGU) Congress at its recent meeting held here last Sunday propose the following summary of the main decisions and information
• The Extra-Ordinary Congress has approved — with the requested 2/3 majority — all necessary changes of the Statutes as proposed by the Executive Committee.
• The Extra-Ordinary Congress approved the proposals made by the EC related to nomination of Technical Committee members by the Executive Committee instead of elections by the Congress.
• The Congress took note of the exclusion of Turkmenistan and Macau for financial reasons effectuated by the EC.
• The Congress has approved the accounts and the auditors report as well as the biennial financial plan and Auditors’ report.
• The AGU now counts a total of 35-member federations.
• The Congress elected the new AGU Authorities for the cycle 2019-2022
• The congress took note of the distribution of AGU Development project for the year 2019
• The congress took note of the AGU events for the year 2019-2020
• The Congress has assigned the organisation of the 2020 AGU Congress to the Uzbekistan Gymnastics Federation following a secret ballot voting with India being the other bidding nation. The Congress will be held in Tashkent in Sept 2020.
• The Congress has approved Iran’s zone change from West Asia to Central South through a secret ballot — 21 members voted in favour of the change while 4 voted against.
• The Congress took note about the contract between AGU and Taishan Sports Equipment.
• The Congress has awarded the title of “Honorary Vice-President” to Dr. Luo Chaoyi (CHN) and Mr. Kau Git Kaur (MAS), both of whom have decided to step down from their respective positions as East Zone and South East Zone Vice-Presidents.
• Dr. Luo’s successor would be Miao Zhongyi (CHN) while Srayuth Patanasak (THA) was the new South East Zone Vice-President. Both of them were elected unopposed by the Congress.