AGU Artistic Gymnastics Training Camp in Amman Jordan, October 22-29, 2011
DOHA (QAT) November 18, 2011: Artistic Gymnastics Training Camp for Women Artistic Gymnastics was organized in Amman – Jordan during the period 22-29 October 2011 with the participation of Malaysia, Syria and Jordan under the conduct of the expert Mrs. Olga Mataganova from Kazakhstan.
The theory sessions including the following:
• Biomechanics and Technique of swing on H.Bar and Uneven Bars
• Prevention of injury on growth plates in bones for children in adolescent period in gymnastic training.
• Understanding growth development of gymnast in pre pubertal and post pubertal period.
• Planning gymnastic training: Annual, monocycle and micro cycle.
• Mental and physical preparation for competition
• Training and rehabilitation period after competition
• Role and duty of a gymnastic coach.
• Goal setting.
• Twisting Technique.
Training sessions included
• Warming up from different coaches with all gymnasts.
• Body conditioning from different coaches with all gymnasts.
• Choreography and flexibility drills.
• Technique of elements on vault, uneven bars and acro skills on beam and floor.
• Jumps, leaps and turns on beam and floor.
• General free training on all apparatus.
The participation of coaches was active and lively. There was great interest in technical discussion of basic fundamental elements. Lots of questions were asked and discussed.
Mr. A-Rahman Al-SHATHRI AGU President wants to thank Jordan Gymnastic Federation for their cooperation to manage the camp in very good condition specially to President HRH Princess Rahma bint Al Hassan and the Secretary General Mrs Nuha Hattar for their contribution in the development of gymnastics.