Common Training camp for WAG in Qatar 2014
DOHA (QAT) May 08, 2014: Under the AGU development project for the year 2014; A common Training Camp for Women Artistic Gymnastics was organized in Doha – Qatar during the period 02-05 May 2014 in a very modern newly built training facilities with foam pits, all new J&F equipment, TV screens and very helpful coaching staff 25 coaches and gymnasts from 8 countries; BAN, IND, INA, JOR, KGZ, MAS, SIN, QAT. Among them 14 gymnasts and 11 coaches.
Under the supervision of Mrs. Nellie Kim President of the FIG WAG Technical Committee and Mrs. Radiye KIZILGUN President of the AGU WAG Technical committee The training and workshops scheduled as the following:
• Two training per day
• Between 1st and 2nd trainings: There was Practical work shop once per day (coaching body positions, progression of elements, conditioning, and flexibility).
• Evening sessions once per day in the hotel (Artistry, Choreography, Conditioning videos, WAG COP, HD clarifications).
The participation of coaches was active and lively. There was great interest in technical discussion of basic fundamental elements. Lots of questions were asked and discussed.
Mr. A-Rahman Al-SHATHRI AGU President wants to thank Qatar Gymnastics Federation for their cooperation to manage the camp in very good condition specially to President Mr. Ali Al-HITMI and the Technical Secretary Mr. Anis SAOUD for their contribution in the development of gymnastics in Qatar and the region.
Objective of the camp:
– To exchange experiences in coaching and to enrich the Knowledge of the coaches in Woman Artistic Gymnastics.
– To enhance cooperation and communication of Coaches and Gymnasts.
– To have a good relationship between coaches and gymnasts within Asian Continent.